Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Freedom Riders


First of all I think “Freedom Riders” is a spiritual and emotional movie that I enjoyed watching.  One thing I learned was that you have to do anything you have to do to achieve your goal. For an example when one of the buses exploded the people in the other bus decided they were going to keep fighting until their goal was achieved. I also learned how violent races were toward each other. Lastly I learned that sometimes while achieving your goal, sometimes that means sacrificing your life.

I think the program during our youth town hall was amazing I enjoyed every second of it. I learned that the people who were speaking at the program that were a part of the freedom riders have aged. Also I think the questions that were asked were very good and made a lot of since. Also I learned that the Freedom Riders sacrificed their life for what they believed in. Lastly I learned that the Freedom Riders were pacifist and believed in non-violence.
First I want to state that I have had some difficulties that the freedom riders dealt with. One example is when I got pushed down some stairs in elementary school. The person that did it, probably a week later the girl was crying and she apologized for her wrong doing. Also the person that I connected with the most is John Lewis. I say John Lewis because he fought for what he believed in and we both can forgive people for their wrong doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment